History of the Mission and the California Park System
Mission San Francisco Solano was purchased by a preservation group in 1903, and became part of the California Park System in 1906. The two buildings that hadn’t been torn down for their building materials were reconstructed by 1913, and the chapel was turned into a museum of local history. More recently the California Park Service remodeled the former church and convento to reflect a more authentic representation of the original buildings, and the museum exhibits were redone to focus on California mission history.
[ad#Google Right Cube 300×250]